If you own beautiful crystals that you use as jewellery, decorations or for spiritual healing practises, then you may know how important it is to cleanse them on a regular basis.
Crystals are like sponges, they suck in all the energy that is around them, which is why it’s so important for them to be cleansed regularly. For some that means daily, weekly, or monthly. For others that can mean as and when.
Different crystals speak their own language, some can be cleansed in water, others can’t. You will have to check.
Ways of cleansing a crystal:
- Simply lay then out in sunlight in the garden or on your windowsill for at least an hour.
- Lay them out in the garden or on your windowsill by full or new moons overnight or for at least an hour.
- Light an incense stick or a Palo Santo stick, sage or similar in a safe way and hold your crystals through the smoke, be mindful and careful when using these that you don’t set your space or home alight.
- Place them in soil on your windowsill in a pot or in your garden, you’ll have to rinse them off after.
- Put them in a selenite bowl.
- Bathe them in a crystal bowl or glass bowl for at least 10 minutes, you can add sea salt or Himalayan salt to the water. Remember some crystals do not like water.
- You can also cleanse them with a special spritz or scent vaporiser.
Once you have cleansed them and brought their energy back to their natural state, your space should feel lighter and refreshed.
Before your cleansing practise or any of your spiritual practises, you may want to sit for a moment and clear your mind by focusing no your in and out breaths for a minute or more to begin with, you can keep it as basic as that or go deeper into your very own ritual/ practise.
You could light a candle and play soft music to enhance your own experience of care and creation.
You may find your way missing from my list, that’s ok, you can always message me on Instagram @inspiredbypmdd and ask me to add your way to the list or create your own list. Anything that is born from hope and love can never be wrong.
There are so many sites and books on crystals etc that you will find what’s right for you.
Check back on my blog for more spiritual posts, PMDD posts and or book blogs.